The Indian Pentecostal Church of God in Houston, TX is seeking a passionate and experienced leader to fill the role of full-time Associate Pastor to lead a large Youth and English-speaking congregation. The Associate Pastor should be able to preach and teach relevantly to a generationally diverse crowd comprised of English and Malayalam speaking individuals primarily of South Indian descent (i.e. Kerala, India). We are seeking someone who is familiar with both North American and Indian culture and has interest/experience ministering to this group of believers.
General Job Description:
The Associate Pastor must provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the whole spectrum of the church congregation which includes the children, youth, young adults, and adults. However, there will be a greater focus on the youth, young adults, and English-speaking members.
The Associate Pastor must be able to lead worship services to inspire and encourage the congregation to help them lead a more abundant and fruitful Christian life with culturally relevant and applicable teaching.
In addition to his responsibilities with Sunday ministry events, the role will be active throughout the week. The Associate Pastor must be able to lead and participate in various church meetings and events, counseling, and other pastoral duties.
The Associate Pastor will be required to work with the Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor and church leadership on programs, events, and initiatives which will encourage and lead the congregation to greater spiritual growth.
– Ordained by a Pentecostal organization.
– At least 30 years of age and married.
– Bachelor’s degree in Theology or other biblical studies earned through an on-campus program from an internationally accredited theological institution. Master’s degree in a theological discipline preferred.
– Saved, baptized, and filled with the Holy Spirit.
– Living a life pleasing to the Lord.
– 4 years of ministerial experience.
– Preferably someone who is familiar with the South Indian (Keralite) culture and has genuine interest/experience ministering to this group of believers.
– Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. All submissions will be confidential.
To apply please email resume along with two professional references to [email protected]
For further inquiries or general questions please contact Sr. Pastor Sabu Varghese (C: 215-939-7512), Secretary Thompson Varghese (C: 832-725-7642), or Saju John (C: 347-245-0489).