Lighthouse Christian School, close to the beaches in Dagsboro, Delaware, is searching for a principal for the 2021-2022 school year. Our Vision is a Christ-centered school equipping students to impact our community and our world. To that end, we seek opportunities and teachable moments of faith and learning within our school. Our Mission is to partner with students and families to provide God-honoring training; empowering them to glorify Him spiritually, academically, and physically. As a family centered school, we blend the need for strong academics with social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development. The principal, along with the Board of Trustees and other members of school leadership, are responsible for achieving and preserving the vision and mission of LCS. The principal oversees the daily life and operations of the school; he or she will also be tasked with increasing the school’s footprint in the community.
• Hold a master’s degree in a related field;
• Hold an ACSI certification (preferred) or be willing to obtain within 3 years of start date;
• Have at least 3 or more years in school administration, ideally in a K-8th grade school setting;
• Have 3 or more years of teaching experience, preferably in K-8th grade;
• Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy and show familiarity with current and applicable learning technology;
• Possess a high level of spoken and written literacy as well as practice excellent communication skills;
• Demonstrate success in designing, implementing, and achieving school improvement initiatives;
• Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the Board of Trustees.
* Adhere to the beliefs of the Church of God.
To inquire, please email [email protected]