At Conyers Church of God, we are looking for a part-time Worship Leader to fulfill a salaried position with a pastoral heart. We are looking for someone who is filled with the Holy Spirit and is passionate for leading others in spiritual encounters with God.
Our services are contemporary, desiring a good mix of modern anointed-songs and our favorites from past decades as well as hymns. We are seeking someone that can be sensitive to both new and long-standing members with a goal for church growth.
* 10-15 hrs/week 50 weeks per year
* Song Preparation in Proclaim,
* Managing Team Schedule through Planning Center,
* Leading Wednesday practice 8-9pm,
* Sunday morning practice & 11am service.
* Lead in a variety of styles including praise team, band, and direct adult choir or children’s choir for special holiday services 2-4x per year.
* Must be able to teach harmony to singers, while leading on keyboard
* Contribute to youth engagement in main Sunday worship
* Clearly and consistently communicate with staff and volunteers on song selection no later than 1 week in advance
* Prepare content for screens (we use Proclaim)
* Coordinate with other musicians and singers in church
* Coordinate with Technical Director for stage design and lighting theme
* Recruit singers, musicians and volunteers
* Maintain clean choir room
* Reports directly to the Senior Pastor and remain receptive to music board.
This person must be able to respect Church of God (Cleveland, TN) doctrines and be able to state their doctrinal beliefs, affirming Bible-based gender and traditional marriage. Preferably married with good reputation.
This is a wonderful opportunity to minister in the Atlanta-area, with a church that is experiencing post COVID growth. There is great potential to better engage and reach our community for Christ. As the church grows, we would be willing to transition this into a full time position.
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume to [email protected] with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position