The Chincoteague Church of God (Church by the Beach) is hiring a Full-time Worship Pastor. This position includes leading worship regularly on Sundays and Wednesdays, leading worship team rehearsals, creating intentional worship services, and overseeing the development of all aspects of the Worship Ministry. We are seeking a servant leader who will…
• First and foremost, lead by example and be a model of a worshiper who delights in the Lord and enters His presence with both humility and bold confidence through Christ.
• Be filled with the Spirit of God and grounded in the Word of God – a worshiper in spirit and truth.
• Be a strong, gifted worship leader who draws people into worship and a gifted musician vocally and instrumentally.
• Be a hard worker, committed to excellence personally and in others – developing vocal and instrumental worship teams, recruiting new people to the ministry and shepherding the faithful ones.
• Love fresh, contemporary worship music of different types (while also valuing traditional songs and hymns), with attention to the thought and theology presented.
• Enjoy all aspects of planning weekly services and special services (e.g. Easter & Good Friday, Christmas) that incorporate a variety of creative elements to foster and enhance worship.
• Desire to develop and oversee all aspects of the Worship Ministry (e.g. music, production, creative arts, administration, live stream, etc.) through pastoral and organizational leadership.
• Enjoy working under and alongside the leadership of the Lead Pastor, excited to be working as a team and yet honoring authority and peers out of reverence for Christ.
• Be ready to oversee other ministry within the church (e.g. graphic design, social media, website management etc.) according to the applicant’s gifting and experience and per mutual agreement at the time of hiring.
• Be committed to Chincoteague Church of God (Church By The Beach) – its mission, values, statements of faith and people (for doctrinal statement visit churchbythebeach.org)
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]