The Bethalto Church of God (BCOG) is seeking a Youth Pastor to provide direct pastoral leadership for the youth ministry (6th – 12th grades). The Student Ministries Pastor should have a passion for teaching youth students God’s Word and should be willing to think outside the box to present the Gospel message to students in relevant and age-appropriate ways.
The ideal candidate would have good people skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills and general computer skills. This person must also be able to function on a team and work closely with a large group of volunteers, as well as the other staff members. Must serve as role-model of Christian virtues to the youth and overall congregation. Most importantly, should be saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preach, teach, & train middle and high school students (grades 6-12), giving them insight to practical application of Scripture in their lives thru weekly youth services
• Ensure that all teen visitors and absentees from Sunday and Wednesday services have proper follow-up
• Maintain social media presence for student ministries
• Create and maintain regular communication with all youth students & parents
• Provide a variety of activities for teens to participate in and invite their friends to attend
• Actively participate and encourage student involvement in COG State and National events
• Recruit, train, and release other youth ministry volunteers to help in ministry operation
• Make sure youth center is clean and well maintained in an excellent manner
• Manage the youth ministries budget, ensuring expenditures are within budget
• Plan and coordinate necessary fundraisers, ensure funds are spent accordingly
• Attend weekly staff meetings and give a general report on student ministries
• Maintain Office Hours as outlined by the lead pastor
• Attend all scheduled church-wide services and events, unless otherwise communicated
• Participate in overall church ministries and vision planning
• Facilitate Sunday Worship Services, as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION OR CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma and prior youth ministry experience. It is preferred that the candidate is a credentialed minister in the Church of God or actively seeking credentials.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties of this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The overall compensation package will be based on prior experience, education, and family needs. However, key components include: Salary / Housing, Social Security Tax, Cell Phone Stipend, Travel Expenses, & Group Life Insurance. Retirement will be an added option after 1 year of employment.
BCOG is the leading Church of God congregation in the State of Illinois, with Sunday AM Attendance near 300 and a membership of 500. BCOG is located about 25 Miles east of St. Louis, MO and is a highly sought-after community to raise a family in. Ministry at BCOG is actively growing and impacting those who are attending.
To inquire, please email [email protected].